A few weeks ago I stumbled across a very funny blog.
I adore the name. But that’s because I’m married to an engineer and I know what a kludge is. I adore the blog because it’s hysterical. (If you want to read something to make your eyes water, go read this post on why other kids’ birthday presents should be banned.)
Gigi, from KludgyMom, left me a very sweet comment on Saturday and then, directed me to check out her blog for something fun. And was totally stoked (does anybody use that work anymore other than me? Please let there be other 80’s children out there somewhere) to see that she had bestowed this upon me:
And I was absolutely thrilled! Cause, well, I can be as needy as the next woman and this way I can tone down the pathetic pleas for attention on everyone else’s blog for a while. Cause it really felt like I was only a few days from a major blogosphere intervention.
There are two conditions to the award (neither involve wearing Torquemada inspired footwear, thank heavens.) They are: share 7 little-known fun facts about yourself, and then pass the award along to 15 other bloggers.
Okay…Seven little known fun-facts about me.
- I lived and worked in England for two years where I was a speech therapist for the National Health Service.
- In high school I was a finalist in a “Valley Girl Sound Alike Contest.” I came in second and won a t-shirt.
- I have been in over 10 other countries, but have never been to Mexico. (And I live in California. How weird is that?) However, I have kissed the Blarney Stone.
- My husband and I sing together and have actually performed in coffee houses and private parties. (That whole being paid thing, though, not so much.)
- I’ve competed in two sprint triathlon and am going to be in a third in September (so shouldn’t I be WAY skinnier than I am?)
- I was the drum major in my high-school marching band.
- At my college graduation roast I won an award for “Most Inappropriate Reaction to a Member of the Insect World.” (For the pitiful reason for this, go here.)
I tried to stay in the “fun” family and less in the “sad and pitiful” family.
And I don’t know if I have 15 new bloggers that I’ve discovered to give this to yet…I’m still really new at this. And I sort of figure that the more established bloggers don’t really need my bloggy love, they already have it by virtue of the comment stalking regular patronage.
But here are some of my new, daily-check faves (not including KludgyMom cause I think she’s ineligible now.)
Taming Insanity (Brand new find!)
June Cleaver Nirvana (for whom this is probably old hat)
The Suburban Life (my “oldest” bloggy friend.)
And each of these women (with the exception of TamingInsanity because I just found her!) have been hugely supportive, laughing at my jokes, leaving comments when I was convinced no one would be interested in the ridiculous things I have to say, and taking up their own blog space to say kind things about me and my writing. And for creating wonderful blogs that I can’t get through a day without clicking on to see if new, juicy, funny, lovely things are waiting for me, they richly deserve the recognition.
So a HUGE thank you to Gigi, and many other thank-you’s to the wonderful people who read what I write and let me know that they’re entertained by it. Because there’s really not much better than that.
Do I get points for awards? What category would I put them in?