Now I have that “Schoolhouse Rock” song stuck in my head where the guy plays hide-and-seek counting by fives.
Two things of portent today:
1. I am honored to be guest posting today at “In These Small Moments,” a lovely blog written by the equally lovely Nichole. Nichole started “Small Moments Mondays” where she’s asked some friends to write guest posts about their own special small moments, and I was chuffed to mintballs (this expression is a holdover from my UK days and it means extremely pleased) to be asked to contribute. So, be sure to hop over there to read.
2. This is my 100th post.
It would be really awesome if right after you read that sentence, balloons fell from your ceiling, confetti scattered across your monitor, and a small, prairie dog marching-band hot-footed across your screen playing “Seventy-six Trombones.”
Sadly, I lack the mad-coding skillz necessary to make that happen. Particularly the balloons falling from your ceiling part. But wouldn’t that have been amazing?
Take a moment now and imagine it. If you wanted to hum a few bars from The Music Man that would be great too.
I’ve never had a parade in my honor before. Someday.
And I will wear a tiara.
So In Pursuit of Martha Points is 100 posts old. That’s 3,067 in blog years.
And in the spirit of introspection that so often accompanies a milestone of some sort, I am thinking about the blog.
I am thinking about the blogosphere.
I am thinking about people I’ve “met” and become friends with.
I’m thinking about some of the incredible writing I’ve found, I’m thinking about some of the outrageous humor I’ve found.
I’m hoping that I’ve contributed some incredible writing and outrageous humor, but I have no perspective upon which to stand to decide.
I’m thinking about my voice here, and how I write. I’m thinking about what I write and what I have to say that goes unsaid.
I’m reflecting on the process that brought me to this blog and this topic.
And I’m thinking that if I actually wrote out all those thoughts on this here post that you’d all be rapidly clicking over to “Joe-Bob’s Blog o’ Drying Paint.”
So I won’t subject you to all that.
Instead, I will update my points.
Previous Score: +10 points
- Starting the blog at all: +10 points
- Often forgetting the whole points thing I started the blog over: -4 points
- “Discovering” 1001 incredible blogs to read: +12 points
- For never, ever getting to read and comment the way I want: -15 points
- Giving away a mug: +5 points
- Only having one mug to give away: -7 points
- Inspiring the best Mug Brawl in the history of ceramics: +10 points
- Subjecting myself, my family, my home and my pets much mockery and copious chronicling:….uh…ummm…I’m not sure if that’s a positive or a negative.
Bringing my new total to: +21 points.
And to each of you who read, who make me laugh with your comments, your own blogs and your tweets….+25 Martha Points.
Because I’m sure Martha agrees that humor, love and camaraderie are all Good Things.
And don’t forget the hopping.